Change NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM password
Hernandezz
2009-04-14 23:39:53 UTC

I have Project Server 2007 installed in a virtual server VMWARE ESX.
When I installed the Epm 2007, I used the epmadmin, user created for
me, which is the domain user and the machine's admnistrator.

The problem is that due to the fact that my company has changed the
password from the Domain Admnistrator, the Epm isn't working properly.
The errors that I'm getting in the Event Viewer are the following
ones:
Event Type: Failure Audit
Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
Event Category: (4)
Event ID: 18456
Date: 13-04-2009
Time: 14:43:31
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: EPMSERVER
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'. [CLIENT: <local machine>]

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category: Database
Event ID: 3760
Date: 13-04-2009
Time: 14:43:31
User: N/A
Computer: EPMSERVER
SQL Database 'SharePoint_Config' on SQL Server instance 'epmserver'
not found. Additional error information from SQL Server is included
below.

Cannot open database "SharePoint_Config" requested by the login. The
login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.

The password of the epmadmin user is the same, wasn't changed.
what can I do to solve thi issue?
Could you please advise?

many thanks in advance
Andrew Jacks
2009-04-15 00:53:10 UTC
G'Day,

From the event log it looks like you have a security issue on your
sharepoint databases.

On you SQL Server check that the NT Authority\System account has access to
the SharePoint_Config database as shown in the event log.
Hi,
many thanks in advance
Boaz Lev [MSFT]
2009-04-21 06:07:40 UTC
Yeah, that seems to be the issue. It should be possible to reset that login
using SQL Server Manager.

Hope this help,
Boaz Lev
[MSFT]
Post by Andrew Jacks
G'Day,
From the event log it looks like you have a security issue on your
sharepoint databases.
On you SQL Server check that the NT Authority\System account has access to
the SharePoint_Config database as shown in the event log.
Hi,